Looking for your dream job working for a rapidly expanding company that specializes in custom high-quality home renovations? Be part of our team at Contact Renovations as a renovation carpenter! If you pride in providing clients with high-quality work, then we’re looking for you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends!
We’re looking for a full-time experienced Journeyman/woman Renovation Carpenter that is career-minded and wants to be a part of a team completing high-quality renovations and custom home builds.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in all aspects of renovating and building homes, and the ability to supervise staff, sub-trades and job sites.
This position’s main responsibility is to complete all site-level tasks as required, from demolition through to finishing, as well as provide project supervisory support to the Project Manager.
Duties will focus on demolition, framing and finishing carpentry and other site work as required. This role will also assist the Project Manager with the coordination and quality control of work completed by site staff, sub-trades & labourers.
Who We Are:
Contact Renovations & Custom Homes specializes in higher-end, customized renovations and custom home building. We handle custom residential projects from specialized kitchens and bathrooms to complete home remodels, additions, garage suites and custom home builds in the greater Edmonton area.
We take pride in providing our clients with high-quality work and exceptional customer service.
What We Offer:
- A positive work environment that is team-focused
- Building bench strength from within to provide an opportunity for advancement
- An established company with a reputation for quality and integrity
- Company uniform including shirt, hat and jacket
- Competitive wages, benefits, and RRSP-matching
The Role of a Renovation Carpenter:
- Regularly completing site work and warranty calls
- Installation of interior and exterior doors, windows, trim, flooring, siding, etc.
- Framing of interior/exterior walls and new floor and roof systems
- Assisting to supervise and monitor quality of work by staff and sub-trades
- Training labourers to complete job functions as needed
- Preparing material take-offs and tool lists for projects
- Completing administrative paperwork (safety reports, time sheet, etc.)
- Ensure job sites are kept clean and safe and PPE is used
- Demolition work as required
Experience & Qualifications:
- Red Seal Journeyman Carpenter Certification is an asset
- Minimum 3-5 years experience on residential renovation/construction sites is an asset
- Ability to read plans and blueprints plus have general knowledge of building codes
- Experience supervising crews and sub-trades
- Must be alert and safety conscious
- High standards of quality of work, keen attention to detail, and outstanding customer service
- Must have a valid driver’s license, vehicle, and basic tools for daily use
Sounds like a great fit? Send us your cover letter and resume!
References are required.
No subcontractors, please.
About Contact Renovations & Custom Homes
At Contact Renovations and Custom Homes, our client-first philosophy has made us a top Edmonton Design Build Contractor for over ten years. We pride ourselves on high quality renovations that speaks for itself.