From the barn door, to the spa-like bathroom, to the compact laundry room, this basement renovation is definitely a showstopper.
One of these clients’ objectives was to have a great spa-like feel in their bathroom. With a new soaker tub, walk-in curbless shower, and large vanity with plenty of storage, it’s safe to say we’ve achieved that. The finishing touches in this bathroom truly brought it to another level.
Check out the custom tile work, the light fixtures, and the woodgrain features that compliment the neutral black and white colour scheme. These little things really help to create a spa-like atmosphere.
The laundry room also got an overhaul, with completely modified infrastructure from electrical to HVAC, but we managed to make space for a standing freezer, laundry machines, storage, and a built-in sink and counter.⠀
In this basement renovation, we wanted a way to separate the downstairs from up. Because the wall was load-bearing, a pocket door wasn’t an option, and there isn’t a ton of space for a swinging door, but it is the perfect setup for a barn door.
This small basement packs a punch!
- Complete reconfiguration of bathroom and laundry area
- Relocated plumbing stack and all plumbing ground works
- Added backwater valve
- Added sump pit & pump
- Electrical service upgrade to 200 amp
- New electrical main and sub-panels
- HVAC ducting reconfiguration to increase head clearance and minimize bulkheads
- New spa-like bathroom in basement
- New curbless shower with bench, niche and custom tile and glass door system
- New free-standing soaker tub with deck-mounted fixtures
- Niche in wall above tub for storage & visual accent
- Heated tile flooring with tile baseboards
- Custom vanity with quartz countertop