Has your current role left you feeling burnt out? Do you dream of joining a team that supports a healthy work-life balance, enjoys regular team-building socials, and a positive company culture with great pay and benefits? Would you appreciate having your outstanding contributions showcased and featured on a YouTube series? Look no further because Contact Renovations & Custom Homes may be the ideal place for you.
Contact Renovations & Custom Homes is an Edmonton-based company specializing in custom renovations and home building. Our focus on quality craftsmanship and commitment to customer satisfaction has earned us many awards over the past 15 years.
We’re looking for a full-time experienced Journeyperson Renovation Carpenter (Residential) that is career minded and wants to be a part of a team completing high-quality renovations and custom home builds. You will have hands-on experience in all aspects of renovating and building homes, work with great staff, sub-trades and job sites.
You will complete all site-level tasks as required from demolition through to finishing, as well as provide project supervisory support to the Project Manager. Duties will focus on demolition, framing and finishing carpentry and other site work as required. This role will also assist the Project Manager with the coordination and quality control of work completed by site staff, sub-trades & labourers.
By joining our team at Contact Renovations & Custom Homes, you will find a fulfilling career as well as a supportive and rewarding work environment. Your dedication and talent will be recognized and highly appreciated. Don’t miss out on this extraordinary opportunity to excel in your craft while collaborating with a team that shares your passion.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A positive work environment that is team focused and collaborative
- Great working Hours: Monday to Friday 8 am – 4 pm
- Building bench strength from within to provide an opportunity for advancement
- An established company with a reputation for quality and integrity
- Company uniform including shirt, hat and jacket
- Competitive wages, benefits, and RRSP matching
- Regularly completing site work and warranty calls
- Installation of interior and exterior doors, windows, trim, flooring, siding, etc.
- Framing of interior/exterior walls and new floor and roof systems
- Assisting to supervise and monitor quality of work by staff and sub-trades
- Training labourers & apprentices to complete job functions as needed
- Preparing material take-offs and tool lists for projects
- Completing administrative paperwork (safety reports, time sheet, budget reports, etc.)
- Ensure job sites are kept clean and safe and PPE is used
- Demolition work as required
- Receive deliveries
- Liaise with clients
WHAT YOU BRING
- Red Seal Journeyperson Carpenter Certification is preferred (exceptions may be made if work experience is exceptional)
- Minimum 3-5 years experience on residential renovation/construction sites is an asset
- Ability to read plans and blueprints plus have general knowledge of building codes
- Experience supervising crews and sub-trades
- Must be alert and safety conscious
- High standards of quality of work, keen attention to detail, and outstanding customer service
- Must have a valid driver’s license, vehicle, and basic tools for daily use
Interested? Please submit a cover letter and resume. References are required. No subcontractors, please.
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Residential construction: 2 years (preferred)
- Journeyman Red Seal (preferred)